Truth be told New Delhi is a completely different city then when I was a teenager. However one thing that has remained consistent is shopping in Greater Kailash Part 1 M block Market.
There was a time when GK Market was the most happening market (your going to have to take my word for it). While its chicness has definitely taken a toll, one thing hasn’t, the ability to store everything in one market. Which makes it a must on any Delhi Trip!
Literally you can find clothes, food, shoes, groceries , jewelry in this market, for people visiting I am going to list you MUSTS in this market:
1. VLCC: A hidden spa in the market where my hair is done by Faisal!
2. Street Vendors: These guys sell everything, and I love to buy clothes/chappals from them! There are a whole bunch inside and outside the market so have fun!
3. L’affaire: The most classy saree shop in all of Delhi
4. Moti Mahal: I’ve written about this before
5. Momo’s: Absolutely the most Delicious dumplings you can have (in the street anyways)
These are just a few but my musts! There is a lot more to eat and shop in this market, but beware parking is quite a hassle, and the market is closed on Tuesdays…..I would suggest exploring!
Don’t be surprised to hear more about this market!